MDGH: Sai Wine & Champagne Bar



  • Name of Establishment
    Sai Wine Bar

  • Location
    Labone

  • Type of Establishment
    Casual Eatery/ Patio Style

  • Was the restaurant’s outside appearance attractive? Did the restaurant have curb appeal - Attractiveness of exterior of the property?
    3

  • Did the outside appear to be clean – clear sidewalks, clean windows and doors etc.?
    3

  • Was the restaurant clean and attractive inside?
    3

  • Were there sufficient parking spaces available outside the restaurant?
    Yes

  • Were you greeted upon entering the establishment?
    Yes

  • Was there a hostess/host/waiter/waitress to direct you to your table?
    Not applicable

  • How long after entering the establishment were you greeted/acknowledged by staff?
    0-3 minutes

  • Did the waiter/waitress approach your table with the menu in hand?
    No

  • Was the waiter knowledgeable about the menu?
    1

  • Was the waiter/waitresses appearance appropriate for the establishment?
    3

  • Did your food order arrive in a timely manner?
    Yes

  • How long did it take for your food to arrive?
    10-15 minutes

  • If you dined with other people, did your food all arrive at the same time (within 5mins for everyone)?
    Yes

  • Were you satisfied with the temperature of your food upon arrival?
    Yes

  • Did your waiter/waitress check in during your meal to see if everything was satisfactory?
    No

  • How would you rate the customer service you received?
    1

  • How would you rate the menu selection?
    3

  • How would you rate Plating/Presentation?
    3

  • How would you rate the ambience?
    1

  • How would you rate the food?
    3

  • How would you rate the establishment overall?
    2

  • What was the approximate cost of your meal per head (excluding drinks)?
    45 - 60 GHS

  • Overall Impressions - Additional Comments
    I've been to Sai a few times and have had a few positive experiences. However, I have noticed that when there is no manager or owner present, the staff is absolutely clueless about addressing any issues or customer complaints. When I entered Sai, I noticed a foul smell which was very off putting, considering I was thinking of having a lunch meeting there. It was very stuffy and basically smelled like a wet carpet trying to be masked by air freshener. So it was just overall really stuffy. The staff put on the A/C and I hoped it would clear up so I ordered a drink. However, after 10 mins it still seemed overwhelmingly stuffy so I brought it to the attention of the waiter. I even heard someone come in after me and complain to the staff about the smell. Their solution was to spray more air freshener. At this point, I pointed out that it would probably be best to open a window or something to air out the space. I was told it would let flies in. So for 10mins the staff was just walking around aimlessly...I guess in hopes the situation would fix itself??? Who knows. At this point, I got my drink and asked for my receipt. Moved my lunch meeting to Mokas because I didnt think I could sit through lunch with that smell. The waiter did ask why I was leaving and I told them, that I think that opening the windows for 10 mins was not worth the risk of losing a paying customer. Sai is a great wine bar but they definitely need to step up their service. 
MDGH: Sai Wine & Champagne Bar MDGH: Sai Wine & Champagne Bar Reviewed by Mystery Diner Ghana on 12/14/2017 Rating: 5

Sponsor